Saturday 13 March 2010

Scratchbuild - The Land Raider MkI part 2

Hi Folks,
time for a minor update. Detailing this beauty proves rather time consuming, but I'm still quite satisfied with the outcome, if not the progress. I have just finished the inner parts of the tread bays:


 a little more detail:


To tell you the truth I started this phase with a huge mistake, I glued on the outer walls of the tread bay, and I had to find out a complete different approach to the detailing. I was quite angry at the time, but I'm okay with the way it came out. It is not 100% finished, there are minor details missing  depending how I finish the hull.

See also:

4 comments:

  1. Looking awesome!

    If you need any reference images from the Mk1 LR, then give me a shout :) Have 5 of them sat looking at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazingly intricate. Just how long does something like this take you? If I hazard to guess, I'd say you're about a million times more patient than I.

    Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dezartfox: yes please! there are parts I just can't seem to get good reference. Mainly the inner parts of the tread bay with that suspension type thingy, especially how it does or does not go under the hull, or the back parts. A picture from above may come handy too.
    From what I have learned so far I think I'll use some artistic freedom on details. The models are of a gorgeous design, but the details are quite crude by today's standards.
    As far as I know, there are no opening doors, no assault ramp, no interior design. I have to figure out how to spice these things up while retaining the original feeling.
    One more thing: what is that thing in front lower section with the vertical stripes on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Warhammer39999:
    Quite a while. This detailing work since the last post has taken four nights, appr. 8-10h, including thinking and planning.
    I work as a business consultant you know, and this is an effective way to kill stress.

    ReplyDelete